The molluscum contagiosum virus is considered a poxvirus. Poxviruses can trace their roots back several hundreds of years. The MC virus itself is complex, which can result in lesions lasting for years on patients if left untreated.
Fast Facts About Molluscum Contagiosum:
- The molluscum virus has an incubation period of 3 to 7 weeks.
- Molluscum contagiosum in children offers the highest incidence rate in children 1 to 10 years of age due to a still-developing immune system.
- Molluscum contagiosum in adults is often considered a sexually transmitted disease; however, the virus can be spread from any skin-to-skin contact.
- MCV can also be transmitted by touching items (including towels, mats, etc.) that have been contaminated with the virus.
- Molluscum contagiosum is contagious until the lesions are completely removed.
- Without treatment, the molluscum contagiosum virus can live for years on the skin.
Get safe, pain-free treatment for the molluscum contagiosum virus today!
Order MolluscumRx through our secure online store, and your order will be shipped within one business day.